Vendor: Market Store
Location on Market Map: Downstairs, booth 26
What’s available? Market merchandise and gift certificates & products from other vendors
Along with Market Merchandise and gift certificates, we represent the following list of fantastic local vendors, who cannot be at Market full-time:
- Bella’s Two Paws Up Bakery – they strive to make the absolute best dog treats with zero preservatives
- Boreal Forest teas – local tea blends
- Catherine Lara, local author – If you were a Garden children’s book
- Country Creations by Sue – sauerkraut, pickled beets, beet relish from her garden in Slate River
- Creative Everything – Secret Society of Sock Monkeys
My monkeys are all one of a kind and always put a smile on people’s faces. I use quality new and upcycled materials to create these special monkeys, designed with love and care. I love to talk to my customers about their own ideas and especially love to make custom order monkeys using family mementos and heirlooms.
- Crazy Good Spices – locally made spice mixes and smoked spices
- Frape & Sons Boutique Bitters – locally made bitters in a variety of flavours
HangAir is a unique patented (locally invented) clip that secures a clothes hanger to a clothesline. Wet clothing dried on hangers outside saving electricity costs & pinching & stretching caused by clothespins.
- James Brown Photography – prints
I am a family & newborn photographer with a passion for the scenery of the region. I print and sell photos, calendars and notecards.
- LaChappelle’s Smokehouse BBQ sauces – 3 flavours of locally made BBQ sauces
- Laura Heerema Photography – coasters, prints, perpetual calendars
Inspired by natural ruggedness & beauty that we see everyday in Thunder Bay and area, I am always looking for something to photograph. My goal is to capture photos that inspire, trigger emotion, create memories and slow us down just a bit to recognize the beauty all around us. I am honoured to insprie others by offering prints, canvasses, calendars, cards & coasters.
- Martyspice – locally made spice mixes, including garlic powder, green chili hot sauce, hot pepper sauce and more.
Everything in Marty’s products is 100% homegrown in his own garden so it is 100% local.
- Our Natural Adventure (on Facebook or Instagram)
Sarah from Our Natural Adventure uses a combination of new and repurposed material to make sustainable items for your home. Our focus is creating reusable products that will replace one-time use items. This includes things such as cotton produce bags, upcycled bulk bags, utensils wraps, all available in the Market Store, and cloth diapers and facial wipes (not available in the Market Store).
- Prime Gelato – locally made gelato and sorbets
We make gelato from scratch using local dairy and as many local ingredients as possible.
- Reclaimed Rustic – limited selection of locally made clocks and signs
- Roots to Harvest – Growing Up Granola
- Superior Seed Producers – locally grown seeds
Local seeds are specifically adapted to our growing conditions, by local growers. See their website for more details.
- Three Huggers – beeswax food wraps
Three Huggers creates handmade products with a focus on sustainability, practicality, and beauty. Our Beeswax Food Wraps are reusable replacements for plastic wrap and are 100% biodegradable.
- Your Perfect Catch – handmade, fun fishing lures make a great gift!
Your perfect catch fishing lures are the hottest trend and gift idea for all life’s special moments, as Birthdays, retirement, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Get Well gift idea, baby birth announcement, Christmas, unique wedding favour for your guests, teacher & bus driver thank you gift, or just a fun fishing lure gift to say thank you to that special person who loves to fish. These lures are hand-tied locally in Thunder Bay and is a practical gift they will use. Get “hooked” on these fun fishing lures!
We also sell Watkins products – 2018 will be the final year of selling Watkins at the Market. While it is popular, it does not meet our mandate of Make it, Bake it, Grow it. However the Woods family were founding members of the Market and as a thank you to their long-term connection to the Market, they are able to remain in the Market this final year.
If you would like to apply to add your products to the Market Store, please see Become a Vendor page.