Vendor: Market Store
Location on Market Map: Downstairs, booth 26
What’s available? Market merchandise, gift baskets and gift certificates & products from other vendors.
Shop online for gift certificates and gift baskets
Along with Market Merchandise and gift certificates, we represent the following list of fantastic local vendors:
- Bare Organics – after 11 years at the Market, Karen (Mama Bare) has closed her Market booth and put her products in the Market Store instead. Items include her natural soaps, deodorants, creams, salves, lip balms, baby massage oil, facial serums).
- Boreal Forest teas – local tea blends made with mostly foraged local products
- Canadian Pure Wild Rice – Wild rice harvested from pristine lakes in Wabigoon, ON (outside Dryden) – no fertilizers or pesticides used, as the rice is truly wild not farmed
- Chocolate Cow – nut-free chocolates, made in the Slate River Valley. After 12+ years at the Market, they’ve taken a break and are wholesaling through the Market Store. We are glad their product is still available under our roof!
- Crazy Good Spices – locally made spice mixes and smoked spices.
- Creative Everything – Secret Society of Sock Monkeys
My monkeys are all one of a kind and always put a smile on people’s faces. I use quality new and upcycled materials to create these special monkeys, designed with love and care. I love to talk to my customers about their own ideas and especially love to make custom order monkeys using family mementos and heirlooms.
- Heartbeat Hot Sauce – local hot sauce in 4 popular flavours – made using peppers grown by DeBruins Greenhouses
- James Brown Photography – prints
I am a family & newborn photographer with a passion for the scenery of the region. I print and sell photos, calendars and notecards.
- Multimedia Artists – Peter & Maggie have taken a hiatus from their own booth at the Market but a great selection of their products are now in the Market Store
- Nor’wester Maple Company – back in the Market Store with their maple syrup and maple sugar
- Northwoods Chaga – Locally harvested and processed chaga for teas
- Prime Gelato – locally made gelato and sorbets.
We make gelato from scratch using local dairy and as many local ingredients as possible.
- Roots to Harvest – Growing Up Granola & their Bay City cider (frozen)
- Superior Seed Producers – locally grown seeds. Local seeds are specifically adapted to our growing conditions, by local growers. See their website for more details.
- Three Huggers – beeswax food wraps and wool dryer balls. Three Huggers creates handmade products with a focus on sustainability, practicality, and beauty. Our Beeswax Food Wraps are reusable replacements for plastic wrap and are 100% biodegradable. Our wool dryer balls are reusable replacements for dryer sheets.
- Your Perfect Catch – handmade, fun fishing lures make a great gift! Your perfect catch fishing lures are the hottest trend and gift idea for all life’s special moments, as Birthdays, retirement, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Get Well gift idea, baby birth announcement, Christmas, unique wedding favours for your guests, teacher & bus driver thank you gift, or just a fun fishing lure gift to say thank you to that special person who loves to fish. These lures are hand-tied locally in Thunder Bay and is a practical gift they will use. Get “hooked” on these fun fishing lures!
Market Merchandise – water bottles, hoodies, reusable Market bags, thermal shopping baskets
Gift Certificates – The perfect gift for anyone in Thunder Bay – in $5, $10 and $20 denominations. Gift certificates have no expiry date and are valid with any vendor at any Market. Great for staff incentives & gifts, or presents for those hard to shop for and of course for those that already love the Market.
If you would like to apply to add your products to the Market Store, please see Become a Vendor page.