Vendor: Market Store
Location on Market Map: Downstairs, booth 26
What’s available? Market merchandise, gift baskets and gift certificates & products from other vendors.
Along with Market Merchandise and gift certificates, we represent the following list of fantastic local vendors, who cannot be at Market full-time:
- Bear Stick – “Hike with confidence, hike with The Bear Stick”
Walking sticks made locally from a variety of wood, with an embedded 6″ ardox spike that can be used to defend against an animal attack.
- Bella’s Two Paws Up Bakery – they strive to make the absolute best dog treats with zero preservatives. – currently unavailable
- Boreal Forest teas – local tea blends.
- Catherine Lara, local author – If you were a Garden children’s book.
- Canadian Pure Wild Rice – Wild rice harvested from pristine lakes in Wabigoon, ON (outside Dryden) – no fertilizers or pesticides used, as the rice is truly wild not farmed
- Crazy Good Spices – locally made spice mixes and smoked spices.
- Creative Everything – Secret Society of Sock Monkeys
My monkeys are all one of a kind and always put a smile on people’s faces. I use quality new and upcycled materials to create these special monkeys, designed with love and care. I love to talk to my customers about their own ideas and especially love to make custom order monkeys using family mementos and heirlooms.
- HangAir – HangAir is a unique patented (locally invented) clip that secures a clothes hanger to a clothesline. Wet clothing dried on hangers outside saving electricity costs and eliminating pinching and stretching caused by clothespins.
- Heartbeat Hot Sauce – local hot sauce in 3 popular flavours – made using peppers grown by DeBruins Greenhouses.
- James Brown Photography – prints
I am a family & newborn photographer with a passion for the scenery of the region. I print and sell photos, calendars and notecards.
- Laura Heerema Photography – coasters, prints, perpetual calendars. Inspired by natural ruggedness & beauty that we see everyday in Thunder Bay and area, I am always looking for something to photograph. My goal is to capture photos that inspire, trigger emotion, create memories and slow us down just a bit to recognize the beauty all around us. I am honoured to inspire others by offering prints, canvasses, calendars, cards and coasters.
- Lighten Up Candles – candles from Norm & Betty Eady, who have recently left the Market to focus on their wholesale candle business
- Martyspice – locally made spice mixes, including garlic powder, green chili hot sauce, hot pepper sauce and more.
Everything in Marty’s products is 100% homegrown in his own garden so it is 100% local.
- Micah Pawluck – Micah Pawluck is an author, musician, and photographer hailing from Dorion, Ontario who has a passion for the beauty found in music, art, and nature. His works are inspired by the natural world found in Northwestern Ontario and by the adventures he has in his travels. At the Market Store you can find three self-written, self-published books.
- Nor’wester Maple Company – Thunder Bay’s only commercial maple syrup producer. Maple sugar made from their syrup is also available.
- Northwoods Chaga – Locally harvested and processed chaga for teas
- Our Natural Adventure (on Facebook or Instagram)
Sarah from Our Natural Adventure uses a combination of new and repurposed material to make sustainable items for your home. Our focus is creating reusable products that will replace one-time use items. This includes things such as cotton produce bags, upcycled bulk bags, utensils wraps, all available in the Market Store, and cloth diapers and facial wipes (not available in the Market Store).
- Prime Gelato – locally made gelato and sorbets.
We make gelato from scratch using local dairy and as many local ingredients as possible.
- Rob Kozak’s book Finding Fatherhood
- Roots to Harvest – Growing Up Granola & their Bay City cider (frozen)
- Superior Seed Producers – locally grown seeds. Local seeds are specifically adapted to our growing conditions, by local growers. See their website for more details. – available again in the spring
- Three Huggers – beeswax food wraps and wool dryer balls. Three Huggers creates handmade products with a focus on sustainability, practicality, and beauty. Our Beeswax Food Wraps are reusable replacements for plastic wrap and are 100% biodegradable. Our wool dryer balls are reusable replacements for dryer sheets.
- Your Perfect Catch – handmade, fun fishing lures make a great gift! Your perfect catch fishing lures are the hottest trend and gift idea for all life’s special moments, as Birthdays, retirement, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Get Well gift idea, baby birth announcement, Christmas, unique wedding favours for your guests, teacher & bus driver thank you gift, or just a fun fishing lure gift to say thank you to that special person who loves to fish. These lures are hand-tied locally in Thunder Bay and is a practical gift they will use. Get “hooked” on these fun fishing lures!
- We also sell Watkins products – 2018 will be the final year of selling Watkins at the Market. While it is popular, it does not meet our mandate of Make it, Bake it, Grow it. However the Woods family were founding members of the Market and as a thank you to their long-term connection to the Market, they are able to remain in the Market this final year.
If you would like to apply to add your products to the Market Store, please see Become a Vendor page.