We know you miss some of your favourite vendors that have left the Market so here is how you can get in contact with them (in alphabetical order):
- 4 Paws Treat – Stephanie Lenton
Stephanie is no longer able to be at the Market but will still be taking orders through her Facebook page
- A Perfect Gift – Wanda Treanor
Wanda retired from the Market at the end of 2017. She is still making memory quilts upon request, but otherwise no longer sews baby items.
- Baba’s – Keri and Gerry Garland
Due to life changes, they are taking an extended leave of absence from the Market and are NOT able to make any product.
- Bare Organics – Karen Kerk
Due to Karen’s very busy schedule, after 10 years at the Market she has closed her booth, however her whole line is still available in the Market Store or order direct via her website.
- Carefree Clothing – Val Midgley
She may have closed her Market booth, but you’ll still find Val and her team on Fort William Road, operating as both The Whole Nine Yards and as Carefree Clothing.
- Chai Station – Sabah Ansari
Sabah has moved with her family to Fort Frances, so is no longer at the Market. However her chai blends are available in the Market Store.
- Creative Cliffs – Marla & Melissa Cliff
Marla and Melissa have pulled out of the Market due to a change in jobs. They may still have items for sale – contact them through their Facebook page.
- Elli’s Hats – Laura Collins
Elli’s Hats booth at the Market has closed. Reach out to Laura via email.
- Evergreen Greenhouse – Chris Paulusma
Chris will not be at the Market this growing season with his peppers due to changes in his growing capacity. We will update this space once we know if he will have any available. See the contact details on his vendor page.
- Homeslice Bakery – partnership ended, Heather has reopened the bagel shop as Boreal Bakery
- Jangle Sister Jewels – Inez Lazzari
Inez’s booth at the Market has closed. Reach out to her via email or her Facebook page!
- Josh’s Botanical Creations – Josh Szura
Josh was only in the Market for a few weeks during the summer while another booth was on extended leave and unfortunately he isn’t able to commit to a full-time booth. You can find Josh via his Facebook page.
- Karmalicious – Larry & Darlene McDowell
Larry & Darlene retired from the cookie dough business and no longer are making frozen cookie dough. You will often find them at the Market as regular customers, so be sure to say hello!
- Lighten Up Candles – Norm & Betty Eady
They’ve closed their Market booth but are still at most Craft Revivals and available in other locations. Reach out to them via their Facebook page.
- Mark’s Gourmet Garlic – Mark is no longer growing for the Market, though you will still find him regularly shopping there!
- Meet the Alternative – they are focusing their efforts on their growing wholesale business. You can now find their products at Compass Foods on Tungsten St.
- Mile Hill Farms – Renata Thiboutot
Renata is taking 2018 & 2019 off from extensive gardening, so will not be at the Market this season.
- Moss Cottage / Urban Farmchick – Kate Fraser
Kate is focusing on her flower business and is no longer at the Market.
- Parvaneh’s Persian Cuisine – Parvaneh Darabi
Parvaneh moved to Victoria BC in August 2018, for her husband’s work, so her excellent Iranian food is no longer available at our Market.
- PearTree Bakery
The gluten-free bakery of Thunder Bay left the Market in late December after closing the bakery. No longer baking any items. However, we now have Jessica from My Simply Desserts at the Market, with a wide variety of gluten-free bakery.
- Rustic Beauty – Haleigh Robertson
Haleigh’s other job requires her on Saturdays, so unfortunately she is no longer able to be at Market. She is still doing sign parties and is available for custom orders.
- Shikha’s Kitchen – Iqbal Hassan
Hassan, as everyone knew him, moved to Toronto in December 2017 so is no longer cooking everyone’s favourite butter chicken.
- Singing Poplars – Mary Ludwig
Mary is taking a break from her business to take care of herself first. She hopes in the future to resume making coconut frozen treats!
- Soulboy Studio – Steve Gerow
Steve teaches primary school, he is a co-owner of The Creative Art Gallery, teaches painting, and they are opening a new art space. It’s all meant he’s too busy to keep his booth at the Market and so he’s sadly finished up.
- Superior Olive Oil – Ashlyn Ransome & Kim Pizzolato
They are no longer at the Market, but you can find their products through their other business – The Pasta Shoppe on May St.
- Tarrymore Gardens – Angela Iuvancigh
Angela is taking 2019 off from the Market after 4 long summers of intensive work.
- The Fish Shop – Liisa Karkkainen
Lisa and her husband Willie have decided to spend more time travelling and focus on their store in Shuniah rather than stretching themselves too thin with the twice weekly Market. The store in Shuniah is usually open April til late October each year
- The Poppin’ Hut – Mike Chalat
Due to their expanding presence in grocery stores around the city, they are no longer at the Market. www.poppinhut.com/
- The Souperior Company – Darlene and Stacey Carruthers
Darlene is moving away, so the business is closing. We are very sad to say goodbye!
- Volkar Farm – Joe and Irene Volkar
Sadly, Joe passed away during the winter of 2018. His big happy presence at the outdoor Market will certainly be missed.
- Wild Badger – Emma Siltamaki
Emma is taking her business in a different direction, so she has left the Market. You can still order from her online or contact her through her Instagram page!