From our Facebook page
Posted Wednesday December 11th, 2019 - 3:55 pm
Market gift certificates are a hot item this month! Get yours at the Market Store today (only 4 Markets until Christmas) or online from our website and we will mail them to you!
#shoplocal #bestgiftsinthunderbay #thunderbay ... See MoreSee Less
Thunder Bay Country Market shared a post.
Posted Saturday December 7th, 2019 - 3:17 pm
Check out these awesome mannequins, who are posing at the Market today, raising funds for Urban Abbey's new youth shelter. Thanks to Nancy Shine Photo Studio for organizing this and to Cambrian Players for loaning us the boxes. ... See MoreSee Less
Posted Saturday December 7th, 2019 - 2:19 pm
Gift Guide #4 - Reusable / low impact items for everyone who cares about the planet:
1. Beeswax wraps by Three Huggers available in the TBay Market Store
2. Laundry detergent by S & G Cleaning Solutions - Charmaine reuses your empty bottles too!
3. Local honey - bottles are refillable (bring your empties back to Barry) and the honey is harvested within kms of the city instead of being shipped in from hundreds of kms away
4. Market basket, bag or water bottle - a great gift for someone who loves the Market - they can reuse it over and over. p.s. coming soon, a new reusable Market bag in a great new look!
5. Market gift certificates- rather than giving “stuff” let your loved ones decide what they’d prefer. Printed on paper with no expiry date, it’s the easiest gift! (Also available to purchase from our website online with free mailing).
6. Knit or crocheted dish cloths - you’ll sometimes see some of our bakers knitting during quieter times - use these dishcloths as a replacement for paper towels - see Delores at Unique Alternatives for a great selection.
7. Boreal Forest Teas - local loose leaf teas in paper packaging, no plastic infused tea bags!
Leeann is tasting her teas today in the back entrance or grab her products year round in the Market Store
There are so many other options - just don’t forget there are only 5 more Markets til Christmas! Our last Market day will be Saturday Dec 21 and we will reopen Sat Jan 4. ... See MoreSee Less
Posted Friday December 6th, 2019 - 3:09 pm
Vendor Visit: Last week, I had the pleasure of visiting Jenni of Superior Bakes in her kitchen, where she and her employee Kennedy were getting prepped for Saturday market. Jenni has built out a basement kitchen in her home and this little space is where her business continues to grow beyond what she imagined when she first started at the Market in Feb 2018. When she opened the business originally as Buff Bakery, she was making a much broader variety of items (inc high protein donuts and a protein baking mix) but in listening to what her customers are looking for, she's narrowed her focus to key popular items that rotate weekly, such as protein balls in 7 different flavours, keto cups, cakes and cheesecakes. Jenni is a nurse, but has recently gone full-time into the business, allowing her to focus more on the growth potential and also having very important time with her husband and son Reese. She's gone from doing all the things herself to having 7 part-time employees that assist in making all the products each week. Entrepreneurship isn't new in her family, with her mom owning Synergee Fitness (where you can also pick up Superior Bakes products) and her brother owning a fitness equipment company. If you are looking for a special treat that still meets your nutritional goals, check out Superior Bakes, located downstairs at the Market, next to Lucy Q Perogies. Her keto cups and protein balls are also available at Safeway on Dawson and Arthur St in the produce section cooler. Her products are also at the Thunder Bay International Airport thanks to Nomad by Pinetree Catering, where they are a super popular grab-and-go snack for on the plane. ... See MoreSee Less
Stopped by this morning and bought some protein balls! Soo delicious!
Posted Wednesday December 4th, 2019 - 8:55 pm
It’s warm and bustling inside at the Market today, while it’s cool and blustery outside. We are here til 6:30 - remember there are only 6 Markets until Christmas! We’ve got everything local you need!
#christmasmarket #tbaymarket #thunderbaycountrymarket #thunderbay ... See MoreSee Less